You can create an Atom feed from an XML document.
Before you begin
The XML document must be a "well formed" XML file.
About this task
To create a feed from an XML document:
- On the Home:Catalog page, click Create and select New Feed.
- Select XML Document and click Next.
- Indicate the input type of the file by selecting either Upload File or Upload URL. Specify the location of the file and click Next. If you select Upload URL, the remote XML file will be transferred to the MashupHub server and used to create the Atom feed. If the remote XML file is updated, the updates will be downloaded automatically the next time the Atom feed is accessed. If the remote XML file becomes inaccessible or is removed, then the copy maintained by the MashupHub server will be used to generate the Atom feed.
- If you select Upload URL and the feed requires a user ID and a password to access the XML file, click Requires authentication. Then enter the authentication details. See Specifying an authentication method for the resource.
- Click Next.
- Enter the feed details. See Specifying the object details and registering the object.
- Click Finish.
After you save the feed, click View Feed in Browser
. The results appear in a new tab or window in the browser.
You can limit the number of entries in the feed results with the max
parameter. Append ?max=n
to the generated URL, where n
is the maximum number of entries. For example, https://myserver.com:9443/mashuphub/client/plugin/generate/entryid/107/pluginid/3?max=10
will return a maximum of 10 entries.
You might need to view the page source from the browser to see all the information in the feed. For example, in Firefox select View
-> Page Source
The National Park XML Feed
example shows how to create a feed from an XML document containing address and zip code information. This feed is used in the National Park Forecast data mashup. The feed example is available in the IBM® Mashup Center information center
Parent topic: Creating and registering new feeds: imc3