Creating a widget from Flash content that you specify: imc3Added by IBM on November 23, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|Use this widget type to display Adobe® Flash or Shockwave content. This widget type has advanced customization options that are not available in the Flash Content from a Web Page widget type. This widget is useful when you want to add enterprise, web-based, or custom Flash or Shockwave content to a mashup or to a dashboard.
Use this widget type to display Adobe® Flash or Shockwave content. This widget type has advanced customization options that are not available in the Flash Content from a Web Page
widget type. This widget is useful when you want to add enterprise, web-based, or custom Flash or Shockwave content to a mashup or to a dashboard.
About this task
You need access to the Flash or Shockwave content that is available on a hard disk drive or online. This widget type is for advanced users who want to customize how the Flash or Shockwave content is rendered in the widget.
- On the Home:Catalog page, click Create and select New Widget.
- In the Media Feeds and Web Content category, select Flash Content you Specify and click Next.
- Resize the widget by selecting preset values, entering values in the input fields, or by dragging the lower-right corner of the widget.
- Select the source for the Flash or Shockwave content (.swf file) from either a URL or by uploading it.
- Select the Quality setting to render the content. If performance is poor, consider lowering this setting.
- In the Flash Variables field, type the custom variables to invoke the Flash or Shockwave content. This is a multiline field.
Use the format:
For example: customerName=Ford&stockSymbol=F&timePeriodInDays=90.
Do not use the ampersand character (&) in the first character position. The ampersand character denotes another name-value pair after the first one. The name-value pairs that you enter in the Flash Variables field should be the same as what would be used when embedding the Flash object in a web page.
- Customize the header and footer of the widget by selecting one of the following options:
Customize the background and theme of the widget by selecting from the following options:
- Default Style: Select properties for the header or the footer. Some of the properties can be customized.
- Custom Content: Use a WYSIWYG editor to fully customize the header or the footer.
- None: Remove the header or the footer.
Select whether to include the Add To button in the lower-right corner of the widget. This button enables users to move the widget to different mashup environments, to bookmark the widget in Lotus® Connections, and other actions. See Adding widgets to other applications and sharing widgets.
Enter the details for how the widget is managed in the catalog. See Specifying the object details and registering the objectWhen you complete the prerequisites and unique steps to create an object, you must specify the details about the object. You must complete this step before the object can be registered in the catalog..
- Chromeless: Remove the header and footer from the widget and fill the widget with content only.
- Theme: Select a background color and a complementary text color for the widget.
- Solid Background: Remove the gradient background color from the widget and replace it with the solid color specified in the Theme selection.
- Background Image: Specify a background image to override the selected theme with an image.
Parent topic: Creating widgets in Mashup Center: imc3