Creating a widget from Java content on a web page: imc3Added by IBM on November 23, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|Use this widget type to display Java™ content that is available online. This widget is useful when you want to add enterprise, web-based, or Java content to a mashup or to a dashboard.
Use this widget type to display Java™ content that is available online. This widget is useful when you want to add enterprise, web-based, or Java content to a mashup or to a dashboard.
Before you begin
You need the URL to the web page that contains the Java applet that you want to place in the widget.
About this task
Use the editors on the left to customize the widget. As you make changes, the results are refreshed in the widget on the right.
- On the Home:Catalog page, click Create and select New Widget.
- In the Media Feeds and Web Content category, select Java Applet from a Web page and click Next.
- Resize the widget by selecting preset values, entering values in the input fields, or by dragging the lower-right corner of the widget.
- In the Source URL field, specify the web page that contains the Java applet that you want to use in the widget.
- If more than one Java applet is on the web page, select an applet in the Choose an applet menu.
- Customize the header and footer of the widget by selecting one of the following options:
Customize the background and theme of the widget by selecting from the following options:
- Default Style: Select properties for the header or the footer. Some of the properties can be customized.
- Custom Content: Use a WYSIWYG editor to fully customize the header or the footer.
- None: Remove the header or the footer.
Select whether to include the Add To button in the lower-right corner of the widget. This button enables users to move the widget to different mashup environments, to bookmark the widget in Lotus® Connections, and other actions. See Adding widgets to other applications and sharing widgets.
Enter the details for how the widget is managed in the catalog. See Specifying the object details and registering the objectWhen you complete the prerequisites and unique steps to create an object, you must specify the details about the object. You must complete this step before the object can be registered in the catalog..
- Chromeless: Remove the header and footer from the widget and fill the widget with content only.
- Theme: Select a background color and a complementary text color for the widget.
- Solid Background: Remove the gradient background color from the widget and replace it with the solid color specified in the Theme selection.
- Background Image: Specify a background image to override the selected theme with an image.
Parent topic: Creating widgets in Mashup Center: imc3