Use this widget type to wrap an OpenSocial Gadget in a widget that you can customize and add to IBM® applications, mashups, or dashboards.
Before you begin
You can use OpenSocial Gadgets from any web-accessible source, such as a web page or a Gadget Catalog.
Because the OpenSocial specification continues to evolve and because the OpenSocial Gadget Catalog is public, there might be instances where certain OpenSocial Gadgets do not work properly. Also, because OpenSocial Gadgets do not natively support wiring widgets together in a mashup, wiring might be limited because wire enablement standards are still evolving.
About this task
Use the editors on the left to customize the widget. As you make changes, the results are refreshed in the widget on the right.
- On the Home:Catalog page, click Create and select New Widget.
- In the Import Existing Widgets category, select Import an OpenSocial Gadget and click Next.
- Resize the widget by selecting preset values, entering values in the input fields, or by dragging the lower-right corner of the widget.
- Select the OpenSocial Gadget using one of the following methods:
Customize the header and footer of the widget by selecting one of the following options:
- Click Browse Gadget Catalog to search for an OpenSocial Gadget in the OpenSocial public catalog. After you select a gadget, a Settings page is displayed where you can specify the defaults settings for the properties exposed by the gadget.
- Type the URL to the OpenSocial Gadget's XML definition document in the Gadget URL field.
Customize the background and theme of the widget by selecting from the following options:
- Default Style: Select properties for the header or the footer. Some of the properties can be customized.
- Custom Content: Use a WYSIWYG editor to fully customize the header or the footer.
- None: Remove the header or the footer.
Select whether to include the Add To button in the lower-right corner of the widget. This button enables users to move the widget to different mashup environments, to bookmark the widget in Lotus® Connections, and other actions. See Adding widgets to other applications and sharing widgets.
Enter the details for how the widget is managed in the catalog. See Specifying the object details and registering the objectWhen you complete the prerequisites and unique steps to create an object, you must specify the details about the object. You must complete this step before the object can be registered in the catalog..
- Chromeless: Remove the header and footer from the widget and fill the widget with content only.
- Theme: Select a background color and a complementary text color for the widget.
- Solid Background: Remove the gradient background color from the widget and replace it with the solid color specified in the Theme selection.
- Background Image: Specify a background image to override the selected theme with an image.
Parent topic: Creating widgets in Mashup Center: imc3