Use this widget type to display a feed that contains links to online videos. The widget displays one video at a time with forward and back buttons that allow users to move through the list of videos in the feed.
Before you begin
This widget type can display a feed from popular video services or from enterprise content.
This widget type can also display a video feed that you create that uses the repeating-element format. For example, each entry's <content>
element should have at least the following elements with a URL to the video:
<url> [URL to video]</url>
- On the Home:Catalog page, click Create and select New Widget.
- In the Media Feeds and Web Content category, select Web Videos and click Next.
- Resize the widget by selecting preset values, entering values in the input fields, or by dragging the lower-right corner of the widget.
- Select the feed to use. If the field is not already filled in with the feed that you want to use, select the feed by doing one of the following actions:
Customize the header and footer of the widget by selecting one of the following options:
- Click Browse Catalog to select a feed in the catalog.
- Click Create Feed to create a new feed.
- Enter the URL for the feed in the Feed URL field.
Customize the background and theme of the widget by selecting from the following options:
- Default Style: Select properties for the header or the footer. Some of the properties can be customized.
- Custom Content: Use a WYSIWYG editor to fully customize the header or the footer.
- None: Remove the header or the footer.
Select whether to include the Add To button in the lower-right corner of the widget. This button enables users to move the widget to different mashup environments, to bookmark the widget in Lotus® Connections, and other actions. See Adding widgets to other applications and sharing widgets.
Enter the details for how the widget is managed in the catalog. See Specifying the object details and registering the objectWhen you complete the prerequisites and unique steps to create an object, you must specify the details about the object. You must complete this step before the object can be registered in the catalog..
- Chromeless: Remove the header and footer from the widget and fill the widget with content only.
- Theme: Select a background color and a complementary text color for the widget.
- Solid Background: Remove the gradient background color from the widget and replace it with the solid color specified in the Theme selection.
- Background Image: Specify a background image to override the selected theme with an image.
Parent topic: Creating widgets in Mashup Center: imc3