Creating a widget from table data: imc3Added by IBM on November 23, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|Use this widget type to display text or numeric content in a grid. Table widgets are useful for displaying information organized in rows, where the contents of each row is ordered in a similar manner.
Use this widget type to display text or numeric content in a grid. Table widgets are useful for displaying information organized in rows, where the contents of each row is ordered in a similar manner.
Before you begin
This widget type displays text or numeric content from feeds created by any feed generator in Mashup Center. However, not all data sets display well in a table. For instance, data that is deeply nested (more than two dimensions) might not display in an easy-to-read format.
About this task
Use the editors on the left to customize the widget. As you make changes, the results are refreshed in the widget on the right.
- On the Home:Catalog page, click Create and select New Widget.
- In the Numeric Data Feeds category, select Table Data and click Next.
- Resize the widget by selecting preset values, entering values in the input fields, or by dragging the lower-right corner of the widget.
- Select the feed to use. If the field is not already filled in with the feed that you want to use, select the feed by doing one of the following actions:
Select the columns to display in the table and the column properties:
- Click Browse Catalog to select a feed in the catalog.
- Click Create Feed to create a new feed.
- Enter the URL for the feed in the Feed URL field.
Customize the header and footer of the widget by selecting one of the following options:
- Which column to sort when the table is first displayed.
- Whether to allow users to change how the table data is sorted.
- Colors for the even and the odd rows of the table.
Customize the background and theme of the widget by selecting from the following options:
- Default Style: Select properties for the header or the footer. Some of the properties can be customized.
- Custom Content: Use a WYSIWYG editor to fully customize the header or the footer.
- None: Remove the header or the footer.
Select whether to include the Add To button in the lower-right corner of the widget. This button enables users to move the widget to different mashup environments, to bookmark the widget in Lotus® Connections, and other actions. See Adding widgets to other applications and sharing widgets.
Enter the details for how the widget is managed in the catalog. See Specifying the object details and registering the objectWhen you complete the prerequisites and unique steps to create an object, you must specify the details about the object. You must complete this step before the object can be registered in the catalog..
- Chromeless: Remove the header and footer from the widget and fill the widget with content only.
- Theme: Select a background color and a complementary text color for the widget.
- Solid Background: Remove the gradient background color from the widget and replace it with the solid color specified in the Theme selection.
- Background Image: Specify a background image to override the selected theme with an image.
Parent topic: Creating widgets in Mashup Center: imc3