|A managed collection consists of items, fields which define item data, and metadata. It can define the return view of query data, as well as add to, update, and delete data content from an external data source, such as a relational database.
A managed collection consists of items, fields which define item data, and metadata. It can define the return view of query data, as well as add to, update, and delete data content from an external data source, such as a relational database.
About this task
Mashup Center supports creating managed collection feeds from these enterprise databases (as configured by your administrator): DB2®, Derby, Informix® Dynamic Server, Oracle, and Microsoft® SQL Server.
For information about supported databases and setup requirements, see Configuring MashupHub for enterprise database feeds
. To create feeds from other supported databases, your administrator must configure Mashup Center following the Administration topics in the Information Center.
- On the Home:Catalog page, click Create and select New Managed Collection.
- Specify the database connection information:
Select the Table Name and Column values you want included in the managed collection.
- Connection Profile: Select New to create a new profile or select a database connection profile that is already known to MashupHub. If you select a known connection, the remaining fields in this window are automatically completed.
- Connection Profile Name: Name of the new or known connection profile.
- Connection Type: Type of connection you want to access.
- Database Type: Type of database you want to access.
- Database Name: Name of the data source that contains the table that you want to generate the managed collection from.
- Username: User ID to connect to the server.
- Password: Password that is associated with the user ID that you specified in the Username field.
Table 1 identifies selected database data types that cannot be used in creating a managed collection. Columns that include unsupported data types are ignored and the user is notified that the column is not included in the managed collection.
Select the column Sort By value and the Sort Order and click Finish.
Table 1. Unsupported data types
|Database||Unsupported data types|
|Derby||BLOB, CHAR FOR BIT DATA, CLOB, LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA, VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA |
|DB2||BINARY, BLOB, CHAR FOR BIT DATA, CLOB, DATALINK, DBCLOB |
|Informix Dynamic Server||BLOB, BOOLEAN, BYTE, CLOB, TEXT, and extended data types, data types provided with DataBlade® modules, or user-defined data types (UDTs)|
|Oracle||BLOB, CLOB, LONGRAW, NCLOB, RAW|
|Microsoft SQL Server||binary, image, varbinary |
The Managed collection feed example
example uses the MashupHub Sample Database connection and the Derby DBMS shipped with Mashup Center to create a managed collection. The example is available in the IBM® Mashup Center information center
Parent topic: Managed collections: imc3