When MashupHub logging properties are set to the DEBUG option, diagnostic information is logged for each request to MashupHub. Information such as request attributes, headers and cookies, session information and properties, memory usage state, and available WSSubject user principals is logged, and can be used to troubleshoot MashupHub problems.
About this task
If directed by technical support, set up debugging to obtain diagnostic information to troubleshoot problems. To set up debugging for the MashupHub catalog, non-TDI feeds, and data mashups, follow these steps:
- Go to this directory: install-dir/Hub/installedApps/Mashup Hub.ear/mashuphub-enterprise.war/WEB-INF/classes
- Make a copy of the current log4j.properties file (for example, copy log4j.properties log4j.properties.bak).
- Open the log4j.properties file in a text editor.
- Change all instances of the default log level WARN to DEBUG. For example:
- Save the log4j.properties file.
- Restart the MashupHub server.
When you set up debugging, the output of the server transactions is written to the javamashuphub.log
file, which is located in this directory:
You can also access the javamashuphub.log
file from the browser. Log in as an administrator and download the file from this URL: https://host:port/mashuphub/diag?action=downloadlog
The first lines of the javamashuphub.log
file indicate that you have set debugging. For example:
<timestamp> (server.startup : 1) DEBUG...
Parent topic: Troubleshooting problems: imc3