Create a feed from an IMS™ database by using the IMS Enterprise Suite DLIModel utility plug-in to translate IMS source files into a metadata file that represents the database view that IBM® Mashup Center can use to generate SQL queries.
Before you begin
Review the requirements and restrictions for using the IMS Enterprise Suite DLIModel utility plug-in
About this task
To generate a database view metadata file from an IMS database, in Eclipse, in IBM Rational® Developer for System z®, or in other Java™ development environment in which the IMS Enterprise Suite DLIModel utility plug-in is installed:
- Create a DLIModel Utility project by clicking File -> New -> Project.
- Select DLIModel Utility Project from the list, and click Next to launch the DLIModel utility project wizard.
- On the DLIModel Utility Project page, type a project name, type a Java package name, specify a location in which to save your project, and click Next.
- On the Import IMS PSB and DBD Source page, browse your local file system for the folder that contains your PSB and DBD source files. Select a PSB and all the DBD source files that are referred to by the selected PSB.
- Click Finish.
The following files are generated:
- Metadata file (.java)
- Graphical model file (.mdl)
- XML metadata Interchange file (.xmi)
We need only the metadata file for creating a feed.
The metadata file that describes the database view is generated.
Overview requirements and restrictions information for the IMS Enterprise Suite DLIModel utility plugin
Creating a DLIModel project by using the IMS Enterprise Suite DLIModel utility plugin