Use the Managed Collection editor to save your managed collection in the catalog and to change your feed and collection information.
About this task
To save your managed collection, click the Save and update Settings
icon, enter the requested information, and click Save
Use the Managed Collection editor to make these changes; all data updates are committed to the database immediately when the request is completed, and the data grid view is refreshed.
- Insert data: Click the Add Item icon and enter the new details. Click OK. The new item is saved to the database and added to the data grid.
- Update data: Right-click an item in the data grid and select Edit Item. Revise any details and click OK. The updated data is saved to the database and the data grid displays the new data.
- Configure the Connection: Click the Configure Connection icon to change the connection settings.
Note: Changing the connection settings deletes the existing managed collection view, and you must use the Configure View icon to configure the new view by selecting a table and columns.
- Configure the View: Click the Configure View icon to change information in the View Editor panel.
- Preview the feed: Click the Preview icon to view the saved feed in a browser.
- Revise the settings: Click the Save and update Settings icon to revise the feed properties.
Parent topic: Managed collections: imc3