When creating mashups in the data mashup builder, server nonfatal errors are displayed in the Preview tab in the Details window.
Server nonfatal errors are displayed in the Preview tab in the Details window for the Source operator as well as other operators. The error message shows errors with the text Content Retriever
or Cannot parse imported data
Nonfatal errors are only displayed in the data mashup builder when building a mashup. The errors are not displayed in the View Feed in Browser
In the data mashup, nonfatal errors can occur that do not prevent the mashup from running. These nonfatal errors are logged in the log file.
When building a mashup if you have one Source operator that results in a nonfatal error, you can see this error when you preview other operators that are in the flow of the mashup after the Source operator. For example, if you have two source operators and one of them points to a server that is unavailable, if you have a combine operation that uses the Source operator, the preview in the Combine operator will also display the error.
Nonfatal errors can have various causes, including:
- The URL is inaccessible because the server is unavailable.
- The URL is invalid because of a typographical error.
- The URL is invalid because there is no host.
- The data returned from the URL cannot be parsed. For example, there is an invalid XML character in the URL.
- An incorrect HTTP method was used to access the URL.
Diagnosing the problem
Resolving the problem
- For Content Retriever errors, check the URL in the Source operator and correct any mistakes in it.
For Content Retriever errors, check if the URL used the correct HTTP method options.
Open a browser window and try to access the URL used in the Source operator.
- When data returned from the URL cannot be parsed, ensure that the data that the URL is returning is XML that can be parsed by removing any invalid XML characters.
Check the log file to determine if an error was returned.
Parent topic: Troubleshooting problems: imc3
No data is returned from the data source: imc3
Source operator: imc3