Uploading a Space template to the catalog: imc3Added by IBM on November 23, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can upload and register a Space template in the catalog.
You can upload and register a Space template in the catalog.
About this task
A Space is a collection of related pages that you can define in the mashup builder. After you create a Space, you can create a template from it.
To upload a Space template to the catalog:
- On the Home:Catalog page, click Upload and select Upload Space.
- Type or browse to the name of the Space template.
The Space template must be a .zip file.
- Click Next.
- Specify a title and version for the Space template.
- Optional: Enter a description for the Space template.
- Optional: You can specify tags that are associated with the Space template. Use the list of existing tags as a guide for the tags that you apply.
- Optional: Specify the permissions that you want to set for the Space template:
Table 1. Object permission choices
|Public||Any user can use the object. The object name appears when users list the catalog contents or search the catalog. This is the default permission. |
|Private||Only you can use the object. The object is visible to only you. The object name does not appear when other users view or search the catalog.|
|Custom||Use custom settings to modify the default permissions for specific users or for groups.|
The catalog includes two groups:
Within the groups and users categories, set the type of permission that you want to grant:
- The ANONYMOUS group includes all users who can access the catalog without logging in.
- The REGISTERED group includes all registered users.
You can specify more than one type of permission. For example, you can grant one group View permission, and grant an individual user both Edit and View permissions.
- Edit permission enables groups or individual users to upload a new version of the object and update the details about the object.
- View permission enables groups or individual users to view the details and download the object.
To locate users, you can search for a user ID, username, or group ID.
- Optional: Enter details for the space in the Advanced section:
- Categories: Select the categories to associate with the object. A set of categories is installed with MashupHub.
Tip: If the category does not appear in the list, ask your administrator to add the category. After the administrator adds the category, you can edit the details of the object and apply the category.
- Related entries already in the catalog: Specify the related entries in the catalog for this object. Related entries are objects in the catalog that can be used with the object that you are registering. This object does not appear on the related entries list of the other objects unless you or someone else adds this object as a related entry.
- Technical Documentation: Enter the URL to any technical documentation for the object.
- Caching data: (Does not apply to pages, spaces, or widgets.) Specify if the data from the feed should be cached locally, and how long the data should be stored before the cache is refreshed.
- Access Methods: (Choices include Get and Post) Specify the HTTP method that can be used to view the object.
- Policies: (Does not apply to pages, spaces, or widgets.) The Policies section appears only if Feed Policy Processing is enabled by an administrator from the link at Settings -> Security -> Edit Feed Policies. Select Enable Rate Limiting to limit the number of requests allowed per minute to protect the corresponding data source from unpredictable or unacceptable loads.
Parent topic: Spaces: imc3