Register widgets in the catalog by uploading them from your computer or from the web. You can also register an OpenSocial gadget by referencing its URL. Registered widgets and OpenSocial gadgets can be reused by you and by others to whom you give permission.
Before you begin
If you are uploading a widget, ensure that the widget is a package file that is located on an accessible file path or URL. A package file is an archive format, such as a .zip
file, that is created for distributing and deploying the widget.
If you are uploading an OpenSocial gadget, the gadget will not be wrapped in a iWidget definition container and cannot be wired to other widgets in the Lotus Mashups palette. You can also create an OpenSocial gadget using the widget builder Create New Widget
task. Widgets created in the widget builder can be customized and run in an iWidget wrapper, which allows them to be wired to other widgets.
- Generic widgets package files vary by widget type. MashupHub accepts all package file types for generic widgets.
- A lightweight iWidget package is a .zip file.
- An iWidget package is a .war file.
- An iWidget URL must point to an iWidget that is deployed on a server, such as an iWidget in Mashup Center.
- An OpenSocial gadget URL must point to an OpenSocial gadget XML file that is hosted on a server.
About this task
To upload a widget or an OpenSocial gadget to the catalog:
- On the Home:Catalog page, click Upload and select Upload Widget or Gadget.
- Select the object type that you want to upload and click Next. If you are uploading a widget that is not an iWidget, select Generic Widgets.
- Type or browse to the object's location:
Enter the details for how the object is managed in the catalog. See Specifying the object details and registering the objectWhen you complete the prerequisites and unique steps to create an object, you must specify the details about the object. You must complete this step before the object can be registered in the catalog..
- For Generic Widgets, select either Upload File or Upload URL. Then type or browse to the name of the widget package file.
- For iWidget packages, specify the file system path to the file.
- For iWidget URLs, type the URL of the deployed iWidget.
- For OpenSocial gadgets, type the URL of the OpenSocial gadget XML file.
Parent topic: Widgets: imc3
Creating widgets in Mashup Center: imc3
Adding widgets to other applications and sharing widgets: imc3
Uploading a widget template package to the catalog: imc3
Deploying a widget template package: imc3
Downloading a widget from the catalog: imc3
Replacing a widget in the catalog: imc3
Editing the details for a widget: imc3
Deleting a widget from the catalog: imc3