Completing the prerequisites for upgradingAdded by IBM | Edited by Li Li on December 13, 2011 | Version 3 (Show original)
|This topic explains the prerequisites that are necessary for upgrading to Mashup Center 184.108.40.206.
This topic explains the prerequisites that are necessary for upgrading to Mashup Center 220.127.116.11.
Before you begin
Before installing the fix pack, be sure that you are familiar with the Mashup Center system requirements
See the following prerequisites:
- For all Microsoft® Windows®, Linux®, and AIX® platforms, you must first install Mashup Center 3.0 before you install the 18.104.22.168 fix pack. For information about installing Mashup Center 3.0, see Installing Mashup Center in the Mashup Center Information Center.
- In addition to the migration steps described in this document, you can also use the following optional methods for migrating data to Mashup Center 22.214.171.124:
- To import pages to Mashup Center 126.96.36.199 that you have exported from version 2.0, either use the import feature in the space manager, which is part of the mashup builder, or click the Upload button in the catalog to upload those pages to the catalog. If you upload pages to the catalog, add them to the mashup builder.
- To import spaces to Mashup Center 188.8.131.52 that you have exported from version 2.0, use the import feature in the space manager, which is part of the mashup builder.
- To import space templates to Mashup Center 184.108.40.206, click the catalog Upload button to upload those space templates to the catalog. Then add them to the mashup builder from the catalog.
- This set of topics contains instructions for migrating data from MashupHub in a clustered server environment. For more information, see Migrating data from MashupHub version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 (cluster) and Migrating data from MashupHub version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 (single server).
- When migrating DB2 catalog data from Mashup Center 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206, use the following command to increase the LOGPRIMARY and LOGSECOND configuration parameters as required by your data:
- After installing Mashup Center 3.0 but before upgrading to Mashup Center 220.127.116.11, if feed policy processing is enabled for MashupHub, do the following steps to disable it:
Do the following steps to ensure that widgets, feed URLs, and event names are correctly migrated from Mashup Center 18.104.22.168:
- Log on to MashupHub as an administrator.
- Click Settings at the top of the window.
- Select Security -> Edit Feed Policies.
- Clear Enable feed policy processing.
- If your pages contain widgets that were deployed from the catalog, upload those widgets to the Mashup Center 3.0 catalog and deploy them to the Mashup Center server before migrating to 22.214.171.124. If those widgets are already in the Mashup Center 3.0 catalog, you still need to deploy them to the Mashup Center server before upgrading.
- If definition URLs for custom widgets have changed from 126.96.36.199 to 3.0, open the MashupCenter_install_root\3.0\mm\config\widgetUrlMap.xml file and add the following entry key for each widget definition URL that has changed: <entry key="188.8.131.52 widget URL">3.0 widget URL</entry>. The 184.108.40.206 widget URL value is replaced by the 3.0 widget URL value during migration. See the following entry key for an example: <entry key="/dataViewer/dataViewer.xml">/dataViewer_v210/dataViewer.xml</entry>.
If you are not certain which widget definition URLs are on your 220.127.116.11 system, you can identify unmapped URLs by parsing pages before migration. See the last bullet of step 9 in the Upgrading Mashup Center from version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 (single server) topic for more information about parsing pages. This step provides a preliminary widgetUrlMap.xml file that contains widget definition URLs on your 126.96.36.199 system that may need to be mapped. You can choose to map part or all of the URLs. Note that widgets that have URL paths that begin with /mum/mycontenthandler/mm/dav/filestore or /mum/contenthandler/mm/dav/filestore do not need to be mapped.
If event names for custom widgets have changed since 188.8.131.52, open the MashupCenter_install_root\3.0\mm\config\widgetEventNameMap.xml file and add the following entry key for each event name that has changed: <entry key="184.108.40.206 event name">3.0 event name</entry>. The 220.127.116.11 event name value is replaced by the 3.0 event name value during migration. See the following entry key for an example: <entry key="Receive Web site URL">Receive website URL</entry>. Without these entry keys, dynamic events and wiring actions may fail after migration.
If feed URLs have changed since 18.104.22.168, open the MashupCenter_install_root\3.0\mm\config\widgetFeedUrlMap.xml file and add the following entry key for each feed URL that has changed: <entry key="22.214.171.124 feed URL">3.0 feed URL</entry>. The 126.96.36.199 feed URL value is replaced by the 3.0 feed URL value during migration. Also, if host names and ports have changed, add the following key entry for each changed host name and port: <entry key="host:2002server:2002port">30server:30port</entry>, where host indicates that the key entry refers to a host name and port mapping. The host:2002server:2002port value is replaced by the 30server:30port value during migration.
To confirm your updates, open the WebSphere® Application Server administrative console, and go to Resource environment providers -> Mashups_BlobConfigService -> Custom properties to see the contents of the three mapping files described above. If you cannot locate some of the mappings that you defined, do the following steps to update WebSphere Application Server:
Also see step 10 in the same topic for additional instructions for identifying unmapped widget definition URLs.
- Stop the server.
- Go to the C:\IBM\Mashup Center\3.0\Config directory.
- Run the following command: config.bat update-was-config.
You can also perform these steps after migration to import additional 188.8.131.52 spaces and pages that require new mappings.
After performing these steps and running the migration, check the status message for errors or warnings. See the log file for more information about errors and warnings.
If using a DB2® database, you must set up the required administrator privileges before upgrading to Mashup Center 184.108.40.206. If the MashupHub catalog uses a DB2 database, the upgrade script will run a REORG TABLE command on the DB2 database. The REORG TABLE command prevents an error that can occur when users use the Enterprise database (JDBC) feed generator to connect to the DB2 database. The administrator who is upgrading Mashup Center must have the following privileges:
For more information, see the following DB2 documentation:
Download the fix for "Denial of Service Security Exposure with Java™ JRE/JDK" for the WebSphere Application Server. Information and download information is at this website: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21470722
- EXECUTE privilege on the SYSPROC.ADMIN_CMD procedure.
- CONTROL privilege on the table to be reorganized or a privilege with one of the following authorizations:
Parent topic: Upgrading and migrating data to Mashup Center 220.127.116.11