Migrating data from MashupHub version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 (cluster)Added by IBM on May 19, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|This topic describes how to migrate data Mashup Center from version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 in a clustered server environment.
This topic describes how to migrate data Mashup Center from version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 in a clustered server environment.
Before you begin
Before you complete these steps, see Upgrading Mashup Center from version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 (cluster)
for instructions about installing the 22.214.171.124 fix pack and preparing for data migration.
- On the Mashup Center 3.0 server, locate the MashupCenter_install_root\Config\config.properties file, and modify the following properties:
To migrate the MashupHub data source that you defined for Mashup Center 126.96.36.199, do the following steps:
- MashupAdmin: Change this value to the user ID that you specified when installing Mashup Center.
- MashupPass: Change this value to the password that you specified when installing Mashup Center.
- Mashup20AppServerDir: Change this value to the AppServer directory where Mashup Center 188.8.131.52 is installed, for example C:/Program Files/IBM/Mashup Center/2.0/AppServer.
- MashupDomains: Change this value to a comma-separated list of domains that may be part of absolute URLs stored within the Mashup Center data. These are domain names or IP addresses that were used when connecting to Mashup Center 184.108.40.206, for example computername, computername and company.com. Absolute URLs within mashup pages that contain these values will get updated to reference the new ports.
- HubURL: The MashupHub URL, for example https://localhost:9443/mashuphub.
- catalogFilePath: The path to the catalog_default.xml file, for example C:\IBM\Mashup Center\3.0\mm\config\catalog_default.xml.
Using a command line, change to the MashupCenter_install_root/Config directory, and run the following command: config.bat migrate-hub (Windows®) or config.sh migrate-hub (Linux® and AIX®).
You may experience an out-of-memory error during the migration process. If an error message displays, you may be able to fix the problem by doing only one of the following steps. If you do not get an error message, then do both of the steps to ensure that the problem gets solved. Then try the migration again.
- Manually create a data source for WebSphere® Application Server 7.0 in Mashup Center 220.127.116.11 that points to an existing MashupHub 18.104.22.168 database. The data will be copied from this database. The name of the data source should be hubdb_2.0, and the JNDI name should be jdbc/MashupHub/hubdb_2.0.
- For databases that are not Derby databases, do the following steps to use the Migrate MashupHub Database option in the Mashup Center 22.214.171.124 installation to prepare the target database:
- Log in to MashupHub as an administrator.
- Click Settings at the top, right side of the window.
- On the Migrate MashupHub Database page, specify the target database connection information for the 3.0 database that will receive the 2.0 data. The database must be the same type. Also, when selecting a schema for the MashupHub 126.96.36.199 database, enter the same schema that was used for version 188.8.131.52.
- Click Migrate. A message displays to indicate that the migration was successful.
- Log out and close the browser window.
As stated in the Known issues with upgrading topic, custom plug-ins from Mashup Center 184.108.40.206 are not automatically migrated to 220.127.116.11, which means that the feeds and data mashups that depend on those custom plug-ins are not migrated either. To migrate those feeds and data mashups, do the following steps:
- To change your JVM heap size setting, navigate to the MashupCenter_install_root\AppServer\Bin\WASPreUpgrade.bat file (Windows) or the MashupCenter_install_root/AppServer/Bin/WASPreUpgrade.sh file (Linux and AIX), locate the line that contains either PERFJAVAOPTION or PERF_JVM_OPTIONS, and change the number after -Xmx, for example 1024.
- If a memory error occurs when running migrate-hub, open the WebSphere Application Server administrative console and increase the maximum heap size for WebSphere Application Server 7.0 and Mashup Center 18.104.22.168. For more information, see Configuring the JVM in the WebSphere Application Server Information Center.
- Open the install_root/Hub/installedApps/Mashup Hub.ear/mashuphub-enterprise.war/META-INF/logs/javamashuphub.log file to get information about feeds and data mashups that were not automatically migrated.
- Manually install custom plug-ins into Mashup Center 22.214.171.124.
- Rerun the following migration script: config.bat migrate-hub (Windows) or config.sh migrate-hub (Linux and AIX).
Parent topic: Upgrading Mashup Center from version 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 (cluster)