hernan alban 9.Mar.04 12:59 PM a Web browser Notes Client 6.0.1 Windows 2000
I have hunted high and low for this solution. Some of them listed in the forum seem downright scary (rename DLLs? no thanks!). This one has worked for me on several occasions. The problem is more Windows related than Notes. Not sure how or why this happens, but this SOLUTION WORKS!!
Here's how to fix this error when you try to invoke an application (Acrobat Reader, Excel, etc) by 2x clicking on the attachment. In this case, our problem was with PDF attachments.
1) Go to Windows Explorer. Click on Tools>>>Folder Options>>>File Types
2) Find ".PDF" in the extension list on the left. The right side "File Type" list will incorrectly display "PDF File". This is how you know the link is incorrect.
3) Click Change, and associate the file with the correct program, in this case AcroRd32.exe.
4) File Type should now be "Adobe Acrobat Document"
5) Click Advanced>>>Edit
6) Make sure "use DDE" is unchecked (no check mark in box). You are finished.
7) Try to open a PDF attachment in Lotus Notes, it should now work with no problem.