Skip to main content
 
developerWorks
AIX and UNIX
Information Mgmt
Lotus
New to Lotus
Products
How to buy
Downloads
Live demos
Technical library
Training
Support
Forums & community
Events
Rational
Tivoli
WebSphere
Java™ technology
Linux
Open source
SOA and Web services
Web development
XML
My developerWorks
About dW
Submit content
Feedback



developerWorks  >  Lotus  >  Forums & community  >  Notes/Domino 6 and 7 Forum

Notes/Domino 6 and 7 Forum

developerWorks

  

Sign in to participate PreviousPrevious NextNext


Chris McQuiggan 17.Mar.04 04:09 PM a Web browser
General All Releases Windows 2000


Hey Everyone,
Here is my deal, recently upgraded to R6.0.3 on my mail server. Single mail server that houses all 3500 users. SMTP done by Tumbleweed MMS (SMTP & SPAM control) using the Smart Relay host,etc... Both boxes Win2K Std. Server w/SP3. Clients are a mix of 6.0x, 5.0x & 4.6x (trust me we are working on getting them all to R6!)

Now recently (it appears since I upgraded to 6.03 on the server)We are having a heck of a time viewing the page source on internet mail. I would say about half of the incoming messages that myself and my manager get we can view the page source. Its not even on just SPAM messages, its also on normal messages as well (got one from TechTarget.com today!). Now after speaking with Lotus on this issue they say it is because the sender of the email is not using standard MIME format. They directed me to look at the properties of the messages and see if there was a $NoteHasNativeMIME field and if it was set to 1. The message I could read the page source absolutely had that field. The one that I couldn't read the page source did not have that field at all (no $NoteHasNativeMIME).

Now its kind of a tough pill to swallow saying that all of a sudden everyone else in the world is having problems sending messages using standard MIME format. We are thinking it has to be something else. I mean, could it be Lotus Notes chopping the MIME content? Not really sure.

One other thing to note, I have noticed a bunch of MIME to CD conversions in my mail.box for the internet traffic. I know I had it from time to time before, but its much more obvious & frequent now. It may not be related at all, but I figured I would mention it.

Any help, input, guidance is greatly appreciated folks.








  Document options
Print this pagePrint this page

 Search this forum

  Forum views and search
Date (threaded)
Date (flat)
With excerpt
Author
Category
Platform
Release
Advanced search

 Sign In or Register
Sign in
Forgot your password?
Forgot your user name?
Create new registration

 RSS feedsRSS
All forum posts RSS
All main topics RSS
More Lotus RSS feeds

Resources

 Resources
Forum use and etiquette
Native Notes Access
Web site Feedback

Lotus Support

 Lotus Support
IBM Support Portal - Lotus software
Lotus Support documents
Lotus support by product
Lotus support downloads
Lotus support RSS feeds

Wikis

 Wikis
IBM Composite Applications
IBM Mashup Center
IBM Connections
IBM Docs
IBM Forms
IBM Mobile Connect
IBM Sametime
IBM SmartCloud for Social Business
IBM Web Experience Factory
Lotus Domino
Lotus Domino Designer
Lotus Expeditor
Lotus Foundations
Lotus iNotes
Lotus Instructor Community Courseware
Lotus Notes
Lotus Notes & Domino Application Development
Lotus Notes Traveler
Lotus Protector
Lotus Quickr
Lotus Symphony
IBM Web Content Manager
WebSphere Portal

Lotus Forums


 Lotus Forums
Notes/Domino 9.0
Notes/Domino 8.5 + Traveler
Notes/Domino XPages development forum
Notes/Domino 8
Notes/Domino 6 and 7
Notes/Domino 4 and 5
IBM Connections
IBM Forms
IBM Mobile Connect
IBM Sametime
IBM SmartCloud Notes
IBM Web Content Manager
Lotus Domino Document Manager
Lotus Enterprise Integration
Lotus Expeditor
Lotus Protector
Lotus Quickr
Lotus SmartSuite
Lotus Symphony
Lotus Symphony Developer Toolkit Support
Lotus Workflow