When exporting database documents to XML using the ConvertNotesBitmapsToGIF=True option, the DXL exporter fails when it processes some pictures. The error is:
DXL exporter operation failed
or more specifically:
<error id='7112'>Error occured during processing of note ID 0x8FA</error>
<error id='13833'>Error Decompressing Bitmap segment</error>
<error>DXL exporter operation failed</error>
This problem appears in all available versions of Lotus Notes (6.x, 7.x and 8 beta 3). Export using the ConvertNotesBitmapsToGIF=False option works fine, but pictures are stored in an XML file using unknown (undocumented) proprietary format called "notesbitmap".
To be able to further process XML files, we are looking for a solution that would allow us to convert pictures from format notesbitmap to gif.
A temporary solution (in contrast to an expected permanent fix from IBM) could be running XML export using the ConvertNotesBitmapsToGIF=False option and then either
1) convert pictures stored in XML file from format notesbitmap to gif, or
2) export pictures to gif files using another procedure and then replace corresponding pictures in XML file.
1) Does anybody know the notesbitmap format specification and how to convert this format to gif? (this is the preferred solution)
2) Does anybody know a "non-dxlexporter" solution for exporting pictures stored in documents to gif files?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards, Petr Tresl
Example database is available at http://sbs.troja.mff.cuni.cz/temp/xmltest.zip
. This database contains two example documents and three example agents that allow to investigate the described problem in more details. The agents are set to run on selected documents and are called
1. xml export - notesbitmap
2. xml export - convertogif
3. xml export - convertogif & extractgif
The third agent uses the ConvertNotesBitmapsToGIF=True option and, in addition, saves gif pictures from XML file to gif files.