RE: Outlook "From" field > Name/Site/Territory Richard S Castle 11.May.07 10:28 AM a Web browser Domino Access for Outlook 7.0.2All Platforms
OK. Well I've managed to develop a work-around for my problem and I thought I would post it here.
The trick is to use a custom column and use a formula to modify the text, removing the /Site/Territory junk at the end.
1. Right click on the columns within the inbox view and select "Field Chooser"
2. From the drop-down box at the top, select "User-defined fields in Inbox"
3. Click "New..."
4. Under name, type in the column title - eg "NewFrom"
5. Under type drop-down, select "Formula"
6. Click "Edit..." button
7. Create a formula to parse the unwanted data from the [From] field. For example:
This will remove everything after and including the first slash (/)
8. Click "OK" and "OK"
9. From the "Field Chooser" box, drag the new field and position it between the column headings as required.
10. Check the data and simply remove the "From" column by dragging the header off the window.