I wasn't going to do this but..I had a quite long and heated discussion about this last week in the pub, people seem to hate lotus.
Why do people hate it, they never give it a chance (I dont work for IBM btw)..
A long time ago, like Notes 4.6 or something, the UI wasn't that great.
With the advent of later versions...its fantastic!
Notes 7 does everything I need it to:
- The views can be configured to show a preview of a mail or not;
- Comes with a fully integrated reliable calendar system
- Ability to auto-spellcheck mails
- You can put flags on things like priority of whatever
- You can have different colour emails from different people
- Its real easy to create fun / useful features like buttons in emails, voting things, etc.
- It comes with a built in tool to create and distribute custom-built databases which the company I work for find incredibly useful
- Mostly everything can be configured in your Inbox, you can change the way meeting invites are displayed
- It has an integrated and very useful search engine for emails built in (ok maybe you need to index them but still
- It has features that people seem to like like notes minder or flashing an alert when a new mail comes in
- Avaliablity of Inbox locally is great feature and easy to use.
I'm just tired of people slagging it off - I really think the later versions are gr8t.
Just because its not Microsoft people don't like it.