Ok, I checked out Vole's expanded directions (http://vowe.net/archives/004104.html
) and now have Notes 6.51 (notes, admin, designer) running. His instructions are based on the ones above. Couple things. I'll try to be specific as a lot of people are looking for this.
1. Redhat Fedora Core 1
2. Wine 20040213 - FC1 version from Winehq.org
3. Dell Lattitude C400.
4. Distro upgraded via apt and download.fedora.us sources.
When you copy the complete install from the windows box there are a couple things to be aware of BEFORE COPYING THE FILES. Make these changes on the windows box.
1. Make sure the browser is set to "Notes - From Notes Workstation". R6 looking for IE will give the red box.
2. Make sure Sametime is set to connect manually. If you have it connecting over the IBM protocol at startup, it will lock.
3. Make sure all files and folders under your notes dir on your linux box will be owned and have write access by your user.
4. Any custom fonts you want to use in your client must be located where wine looks for them or add the path to your wine.conf.
Couple gotchas still:
1. Sametime - To be honest i'm so happy about notes running i'll use the java sametime.
2. Welcome page - Mine is a customized one. I forget what it's called but you can add all of your team info and db's to it. Gives the red box.
3. Performance - Kinda sluggish, but hey, it works.
Too bad I can't post a screenshot here.