Michael Keel 6.Feb.09 11:26 AM a Web browser Domino Web Access 6.5.5 FP1 All Platforms
I've been asked to pick up the pieces on developing a web database, but as you can tell by this post, I'm not that clued up!!
Everything is going okay, from a design point of view. I'm just having trouble with the search function.
We're using the $$Search form. One of the options on the Search button is 'SearchView' and there is a field on the form called 'SearchView'. The value for that field is "bytitle" and there is a view with an alias called bytitle.
This is fine, but I want to search more than one view. Apart from bytitle, I want to search another view as well called mailinglist. So for the value of 'SearchView' I changed it to "bytitle" + "mailinglist", but it wouldn't return any values. I've tried a few variations like ("bytitle") + ("mailinglist") or "bytitle";"mailinglist", but nothing seems to work.
I then noticed another form called $$SearchTemplateDefault and a field called $$Return. The value of that field included: ViewToSearch := @If(MSView = ""; "bytitle" ;ReplaceSubstring(MSView; " "; "+"));
I changed this to:
ViewToSearch := @If(MSView = ""; "bytitle" + "mailinglist" ;ReplaceSubstring(MSView; " "; "+"));