Mark XY Brown 8.Apr.11 06:26 AM a Web browser Domino Designer 6.0.3 Windows 2000
We have an application that (among other things) generates Excel workbooks for the easy printing of formatted information. The app has been in use for 6-7 years and this function has been working fine for all that time.
Recently we began upgrading Essbase version 9 (we were on 6). For users who have been upgraded, the print functions no longer work - instead a run-time error occurs. This only happens for people who have had the Essbase 9 client installed on their PCs.
The line that falls over is:
Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.application")
On reviewing the forum, I've tried adding lines to set the variables to Nothing before that line. I've also tried adding the version flag to the argument, with no effect.
The software versions involved are:
Essbase 22.214.171.124 (works)
Essbase 9.3.1 (does not work)
A few more experiments have shown that the problem is caused by some of the files that are required by Essbase 9, and that the problem still happens for Office-Office automation (I set up a sub on a Word document that outputs to Excel and got the same error). Therefore I'm unlikely to find a Notes-based solution to it.