Peter Gloor 15.May.07 02:07 PM a Web browser Domino Server 6.0.3 Windows 2003; Windows XP
I have a customer who recently switched from Notes Clients to Outlook Clients for some of its users but still uses the Domino 6.0.3 Server as Mail and POP3 server. Clients are Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007. So far everything worked quite well for a while.
Now, one of the Outlook 2003 users was on vacation for three weeks and has not accessed his mailbox for a while. After returning to the office POP3 access times out without receiving anything. At the servers side I' can't see any error or connect/disconnect messages for the users IP address, whether at the server console nor in any of the logs.
Testing the connection using the appropriate button in the account settings reports no error. I can even see short connect/disconnect messages. And if I remove the user from the ACL in the users mailbox I get an access error.
Due to this behaviour I expected some corrupted documents or the number of new documents to be the cause of the problem. I tried to create a new empty mailbox for this user, but this didn't help either. The problem persists, even with a fresh mailbox with only 3 test memos in it.