I have found a possible explanation to delay/hang problems in Notes 8.5.x
I have seen this problem on both Vista and Win7, and I can confirm it is reproduceable on at least 8.5.1 FP1 and 8.5.1 FP2:
The Notes client hangs for a "long" time, 20 sec. and more, with "apparantly" no activity on the client when just opening names.nsf on a server.
How to reproduce this error:
1. Restart Windows (Vista or Win7)
2. Start Notes 8.5.1 FP2 Standard client/English (This has been testet with 8.5.1 FP1 too)
3. Open workspace
4. Open names.nsf on server A .... no delay
5. Close names.nsf ... leave the client open (make sure the client does not logout automatically)
6. Wait 10 min.
7. Open the same databsae - names.nsf on server A
------ DELAY ------
8. After the delay the database opens and the client seems to respond fine again.
Doing the same test with Kaspersky antivirus disabled and the delay is gone
Doing the same test with Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.6 .... no delay
(I have seen the same sort of problems with other antivirus programs too, but I cannot confirm on the procedure to reproduce this error)
Feedback response number WEBB84UVJ3 created by Carsten L Pedersen on 04/25/2010