Subject: How to remove calendar dates far into future? [Solved]
Feedback Type: Problem
Product Area: Notes Client
Technical Area: Administration
Some of the users at the company I work have calendar bookings far far into the future.
One user have 6000 entries in the calendar (Lists -> Calendar Entries). 3 events repeat into year 2052, these are sent from external parts that probably use Outlook. 2 of these "year 2052" events are cancelled and every single entry of these two repeating events are marked as cancelled.
Of 6000 events only 1000 are actual calendar bookings.
Does anybody have a tool/LotusScript/Idea how to get rid of these calendar bookings?
What would be nice:
1) IBM Provide a tool that cleans calendars: Remove cancelled meetings that is far into the future.
2) Also maybe the same tool can remove all calendar entries that is more than 5 years into the future.
Both of these should be part of the Calendar Cleanup Wizard.
I now see that cancelled calendar booking seems to be automatically removed from calendar. These seems to be deleted with the 48 hours remove deleted items cycle, right?
From IBM Lotus Support:
* Make a local replica of the mail database
* Go offline
* Go to Entries and Notices
* Delete the invites within the date range.
* Then go in to the local mail.box file
* Delete the notifications that are in the mail.box file.
Also I asked for a enhancement, but... Again from IBM Support:
SPR # LMAN6BWQAY "Calendar Cleanup doesn't recognize dates as being in the
future" was created on a similar issue/request and was closed as no plans
to fix .
Feedback number WEBB8UACC8 created by Anders Aslund on 05/14/2012