OK, I'm feeling very noob today. I've been fighting this for a couple of days and can't see the problem. Here are the details:
I'm working on on update to an existing app. I made a copy of the production db to work on and have defined it as 'TemplateNextVersion'. It's an NSF file. I do this all the time and never have problems with scheduled agents running.
At one point during design, I set the db properties to not run scheduled agents.
I have re-enabled agents in the db.
The design has only one @Function agent that runs once a day. In the dev db, it's not running.
I added a new LS agent that's to run once an hour and it's not running (right click agent, check log - this agent has never been run). The new agent was to create an Excel file onto a network share and I though the issue was either rights or just accessing the share so I switched the design to save the Excel file to C:\Windows\Temp. I do this on another agent in another db and it works fine. It's not running at all. I have 'print' code in the agent even before the dim statements and I'm seeing nothing in the log; this agent is not starting.
The ACL has the server as manager, no restrictions.
The agents are signed by the server ID.
Restricted operations are allowed in the LS agent.
I modified the agent to just create and send an email (code below)- still not running.
I created a new dummy db on the same server, made it a template ('templateDummy'), copied in the mail send agent, set the rights the same as on my problem db, signed the db with the server ID and the agent immediatly sent mail.
I set scheduled agents off, compacted, ran fixup, and turned sched agents back on, still not running.
The db has a default view.
What am I missing?
TIA for any ideas.
I made a fresh copy of the production db, same security settings, nothing that I can see is different, I inserted the agent below, and it runs.
No clue whats going on but I'm moving along with the new copy for now. If anyone has ideas, please let me know.
This is the LS agent I'm currently using to debug the 'won't run' issue. Once I get this running, I'll revisit my Excel/file share agent.
Dim session As New NotesSession
Dim db As NotesDatabase
Dim mailDoc As NotesDocument
Dim sendTo(0) As String
Set db = session.CurrentDatabase
Set mailDoc = New NotesDocument(db)
sendTo(0) = "Doug Finner"
mailDoc.Form = "Memo"
mailDoc.Subject = "Sched Agent test"
mailDoc.Body = "This is a test"
Set mailDoc = Nothing
Feedback number WEBB8VNEZE created by Doug Finner on 06/27/2012
Comments: <edit 2>
So the problem isn't with this agent, it's with the 'full up' agent that tries to create an Excel file, save it on the Dom server, email it to me, then delete the file off the server. That agent is, for some reason, hanging when I instantiate Excel. Once it hangs, the server's agent manager locks onto the agent and prevents anything else from running until I restart Domino (and usually reboot the server). I've posted this issue later today so don't reply to the Excel thing here..