I have 6 servers which I want to consolidate in 4.
1) Current Setup: Version 8.5.3 FPX with OS Windows 2008
2) To be setup: 2 Application servers in Cluster and 1 web and 1 mail server. OS will be windows 2016
I have been through many documents.
The plan which i will be following is
1) I will be registering 4 additional server
2) I will be installing and configuring Domino Server 9.0.1 FP8 on new Machine with Windows 2016. Here I do not want to upgrade design of any database.I will upgrade that later.
3) I will slowly migrate applications from current setup to new setup.
4) Then I will put one current server in cluster with new server and will test application functionality.
5) Once everything works fine . I will decommission servers in current setup.
6) Finally there will be only 4 servers with OS windows 2016
7) I will have to upgrade lotus notes client to upper version
I have two questions here:
1) In step two , How can I restrict design update of databases to upper version. I know there is notes.ini parameter for the same. need your help to know that and when should i add that while installing ne.w server.
2) I will have to make one of the server as admin server. If I just changed Admin server in the ACl of names.nsf is that fine or will I have to follow more steps and when should i make this change.