Sep 25, 2017 2:05 PM
5 Posts
topic has been resolvedResolved

Cluster Replication

  • Category: Replication
  • Platform: Windows
  • Release: 9.0.1
  • Role: Administrator,Developer
  • Tags:
  • Replies: 2

I have 3 clustered servers with application replicas setup on all 3 servers.  One particular application is having an issue with replication.  Replication works perfectly across server 1 and 2, but server 3 only receives changes from server 1 and 2, but nothing is ever sent from server 3.

I only started having this problem recently since upgrading all 3 Domino servers to 9.0.1 FP9.  The odd part is replication between the 3 servers only seems to be an issue from this one application.  ACL's are set correctly, all connection documents are set to Push/Pull.  Since I'm only getting a one way replication it would appear to be a permission or settings issue, however I also have "Enforce a consistent ACL across all replicas" checked so I think I can safely eliminate permissions as part of the issue.

The only thing that consistently works is manually forcing replication from the application on server 3 to the replica on server 1 or 2.  I'm not sure if this is some bug introduced by FP9 or if I'm just missing something.

Sep 26, 2017 8:47 AM
145 Posts
How many ports are you using?
Could be Cluster Replication is defaulting to a Port/Protocol that is having problems connecting to the other 2 servers...

I believe Replication tries a little harder and if it fails on one port will the next port.    I had seen this at one other customer where a firewall setting was blocking the Cluster Replication but Replication would succeed because it eventually found a port that was open.

When you replicate from Server 3 to the other servers try forcing each port to see which one it succeeds on...

replica TCP!!Server1  names.nsf

for example.

Send me mail if this does not work and we can investigate some more...

jpaganet@us.ibm.com

Sep 26, 2017 12:20 PM
5 Posts
Resolved

Thanks for the response John, that is a good suggestion.

Since I was only having a problem with this one application I ruled out a settings or permission based issue.  To make a long story short, since the issue seemed to have occurred after I created a new replica and saved over the old one I decided to try and reboot the server that the application was on.  Surprisingly enough after the server came back up the problem was fixed.  That was the first time I've run into that issue in over 10 years supporting the platform, go figure.