Here's a copy of the latest FAQ mailing for IBM Lotus Notes & Domino.
Announcements from the Technical Information and Education team
- Improved navigation pane in the Notes and Domino wiki: We've streamlined the navigation pane to focus on members of IBM® Lotus Notes® and Domino® product family, as well as a few content areas of interest to all Notes and Domino users.
- Guided tour of Domino Configuration Tuner: Watch this video to learn how to use this Tuner (available in the upcoming Domino 8.5 release) to help you identify Domino configuration problems.
- Learning Plug-In for IBM Lotus Notes video and installation instructions: The Learning Plug-In for IBM Lotus Notes is a sidebar plug-in used to view and filter learning materials inside your Lotus Notes client, version 8 or higher. Watch the video to learn more about the plug-in and then to learn how to install it.
- White paper: Deploying the IBM Lotus Domino server: A cookbook: This white paper is a "how to" guide on installing, setting up, and upgrading Lotus Domino servers.
- Introducing Domino XML Language (DXL): This article introduces the concept of DXL and illustrates how it can be used to add or modify database design elements dynamically.
- How large databases uniquely affect IBM Lotus Domino server performance: This article explores the different ways in which large databases can degrade performance and examines potential solutions to realize maximum performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Lotus Notes Standard Client Cumulative Client Hotfix 2 (CCH2) for 8.0.2
- How to install Lotus Notes 8.0.2 Interim Feature Release 1 on Windows
- First time setup of Lotus Notes 8.0.2 shows both user login interfaces for Sametime instant messaging
- Calendar entries appear off by an hour when using Notes 8 (Standard Configuration)
- Notes 8.0.2 Standard Configuration hangs at splash screen upon authentication
- Error: 'RRV bucket is corrupt' occurs when opening mail file
- Building composite applications with Notes widgets in IBM Lotus Notes 8.0.1
- Migrating from Microsoft Exchange to Lotus Notes and Domino 8
- How large databases uniquely affect Lotus Domino server performance
Open Mics and Webcasts
- Replay of Tech Exchange webcast : IBM Lotus Domino Monitoring Essentials - 20 November 2008
- Open Mic Replay: Using Blackberry Enterprise Server with Domino - October 30, 2008
- Open Mic Replay: Clustering Domino Servers - September 17, 2008
- Notes/Domino Policies Open Mic conference call - April 16, 2008
Find an up-to-date schedule of upcoming Open Mics & Webcasts here: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=899&uid=swg27011126
- Multimedia: Troubleshooting server crashes and hangs for Domino on IBM i or i5/OS
- Multimedia: Methods to set up an additional Domino server on IBM i (formerly i5/OS)
- Best practices and problem recovery tips for IBM Lotus Domino on System i
- Multimedia presentation: "Troubleshooting Lotus Domino server crashes on UNIX"
- Overview of new features in Domino 8 and 8.0.1 for UNIX platforms
- Multimedia presentation: "Troubleshooting semaphores and Lock Manager messages"
- Featured Documents for Lotus Domino server
- Featured Documents for Lotus Notes client
- Featured documents for Lotus Domino Web Access
General Self-Help Resources
Here are links to other ways that you can access IBM Lotus Notes & Domino self-help support information on the Web:
- My Support
- Lotus Support is just a click away
- IBM Software Support Site design update
- New Lotus Notes Domino Wiki
Joy Freeman | 23 December 2008 04:17:37 PM ET | | Comments (0)