The IBM Support Assistant (ISA) - What is it?
- A free local software serviceability workbench that centralizes support resources and helps you find answers and resolve problems with Lotus and other IBM Software products
- Includes concurrent Search that spans multiple sources of relevant information and returns results categorized by source for quick and easy review
- Now with a new Tool workbench that provides the same problem determination tools that IBM Support uses to resolve issues
- Also provides tools to collect and transmit information from your system(s) IBM Support will need in problem determination, thus expediting problem resolution
What's new in the IBM Support Assistant (ISA) V4.0?
IBM Support Assistant V4.0 has been released with a host of new features and enhancements, making this version the most comprehensive and flexible yet. Our one-stop-shop solution to research, analyze and resolve software issues is now better than ever before, and you can download ISA (free IBM ID and password required) at no charge.
IBM Support Assistant V4.0 enhancements include:
- Remote System Troubleshooting - Explore file systems, run automated data collectors and troubleshooting tools, and view the system inventory on remote systems
- Activity-based Workflow - Choose from support-related activities, or use the Guided Troubleshooter for step-by-step help with analysis and resolution
- Case Management - Organize your troubleshooting data in "cases"; then export and share these cases with other problem analysts or with IBM Support
- Improved Flexibility - Add your own search locations, control updates by hosting your own update site, get the latest product news and updates
- Ease of Use - The new welcome experience guides users through the initial customization, migration wizards allow easy portability from the previous version, and tutorials help you get the most out of the new application
All these new features augment the support features from previous versions such as multi-source search, symptom-specific data collectors, and problem submission from the ease of a desktop application. As always, there are several problem determination tools to help you diagnose, analyze and resolve your issues.
We encourage you to download ISA V4.0 now and learn more about it!
- Visit the IBM Support Assistant Web page
- Watch a video overview (no audio) of ISA
- Request a free demo (ISA team can demo the tool to your company/dept)
- Download the IBM Support Assistant (free IBM ID and password required)
Tracey Nolander | 15 April 2008 06:13:00 AM ET | | Comments (0)