If you're new to Notes, more often than not, you're not new to email, calendars, contacts, and to-do lists. Both Notes and Outlook have all these features.
But even though the tasks are similar, trying to accomplish them in a new software product can be challenging. Today's episode is about getting up to speed on Lotus Notes, if you have been using Microsoft Outlook, and we will focus on mail and navigation.
Download the podcast
Or click the play button to listen right now
Subscribe to the podcast via email.
Episode 9: Moving from Microsoft Outlook to Lotus Notes
Getting around in Notes:
- Open mail, calendar, and other apps with the Open button
- Use the Notes sidebar
- See collaboration history (like Outlook "people pane")
Tips for Notes mail
- Flag emails with the flag button; keep track of it in the miniview.
- Search the All Documents view in mail to find emails quickly
Preferences to make you feel at home:
- Preview mail on the side
- Open each mail message and calendar entry in its own window
- Sort your inbox so newest email is first -- Click the date column to reverse the date order.
- Automatically close an email after forwarding or replying to it
IBM SocialBiz UX | 14 September 2012 10:00:00 AM ET | | Comments (7)