Software vendors (ISV) very often require capabilities to provide fixes for running applications. Normally this can be achieved using Factory Designer. This works fine but requires a developer person.
Also very often the customer of an ISV has changed some small pieces of the application but needs to install the fix anyway.
* an ISV develops a wpf (Portlet Factory) application
* a customer from this ISV modifies the provided wpf application using wpf designer and deploys it to production system
* the ISV provides a fix pack for the application which can be installed on top of the modified application during runtime
* From WPF Designer export the modified models, profiles and web resources to a folder. Package and compress the folder with exact the same directory structure
like the deployed wpf application, e.g. wpf7.war/WEB-INF/models.
* Logon to WebSphere Admin Console.
* Select the deployed wpf applicatoin and click update.
* Select 'Replace, add, or delete multiple files'.
* Specify the path to the zip files and click Next >.
* Click Ok.
Please note this does not work for WPF version updates.