|You can create custom dial charts with the IBM ILOG JViews Diagrammer Dashboard Editor.
Creating custom dial charts for a dashboard application
If your project requires a dial chart style that is not included with the default WebSphere Dashboard Framework charts, you can use IBM ILOG JViews Diagrammer Dashboard Editor
to modify the WebSphere Dashboard Framework default dial chart. Follow these steps to modify the default dial chart and use the modified .idbd file in your project.
This article describes how to create any custom Dial chart. You may also be interested in Creating a custom gauge for a dial chart
For information about creating other types of custom charts, see Creating a custom .CSS chart
Customizing the dial chart in IBM LOG JViews Diagrammer
Using a custom dial chart in WebSphere Dashboard Framework requires an .idbd, .jar, and .properties file.
Adding a customized dial chart to a project
- Launch IBM ILOG JViews Diagrammer Dashboard Editor.
- Navigate to the WebContent\solutions\dashboard\chartstyles folder in your WebSphere Dashboard Framework workspace folder.
- Select the default Dial chart style file, dial.idbd, and click Open.
- Make the style changes you want to make. In this example, the value for max was decreased from 1,000 to 100.
- Save the file with a different name or in another location to avoid overwriting the default style (for example, MyDial.idbd).
- The chart also requires a .properties and .jar file with the same prefix as the .idbd file.
Find the default dial.properties and dial.jar files in the WebContent\solutions\dashboard\chartstyles folder. Save copies of the default dial.properties and dial.jar in the same location as the new chart file, with the same prefix (for example, MyDial.properties and MyDial.jar).
Note: In this example, you did not change any mappings in the default dial chart, so you do not need to edit the default dial.properties file when you save it with the name of your custom chart. If you had customized a default chart by altering its mappings, you would need to add a mapping statement to the custom .properties file (for example max=maximum).
- Open the project that will include the new chart in WebSphere Dashboard Framework.
- Open the builder call editor for the chart-enabled builder.
- Select Provide custom style and click the ellipses (...) next to the Chart Style field.
- In the Choose File tab, click Add file to project.
- Specify the custom .idbd file and click Open.
- Specify where you want to add the file in the project and click OK.
- Click the ellipses (...) next to the Chart Style field again.
- Select the file you just added to the project and click OK.
When you return to the builder window, you see the new file in the Chart Style field.
- Make any other changes you need to make in the builder, then close and save the builder.
- If you have updated an existing project to add the new dial chart, restart the server to force the changes to take effect.