Changes in charting features for WebSphere Dashboard Framework 6.1.5
Starting with WebSphere Dashboard Framework 6.1.5, ILOG charts replaced the GreenPoint's WebCharts3D engine. Any builders that used the GreenPoint charting engine now use the ILOG charting engine in WDF 6.1.5, but you can continue to create and modify existing GreenPoint-based dashboard applications.
GreenPoint WebCharts investment protection, support, and migration
Existing customers can upgrade to WebSphere Dashboard Framework v6.1.5 to take advantage of latest capabilities and features without impacting existing GreenPoint based dashboards. Existing WebSphere Dashboard Framework customers with GreenPoint dashboards are still supported, with the qualification that IBM will provide best effort support for issues that are specific to GreenPoint. Customers can migrate legacy GreenPoint dashboards using a migration utility that minimizes switching costs and streamlines migration from GreenPoint to ILOG JViews technology. See Upgrading charts to the 6.1.5 release
for more information.
WebSphere Dashboard Framework 6.1.5 includes IBM ILOG JViews entitlement
The Dashboard Accelerator 6.1.5 physical and electronic media includes ILOG JViews Enterprise. The limited use license for use with WebSphere Dashboard Framework includes:
- Use of these JViews chart types exposed via builders: bar, bubble, line, pie, radar, scatter, stair, map, and status
- Use of JViews Charts Designer for formatting chart styles
Customers who want to develop charts with an advanced JViews chart type not covered by the limited use license can do so by purchasing the appropriate JViews license.
Changes in feature sets and builders
The GreenPoint Web Chart Builder feature set is not included with 6.1.5 and GreenPoint's jar files are not shipped with 6.1.5. Charting features are included automatically when you use the Dashboard feature set in a project.
The following builders are deprecated:
Changes in chart features
- Automatic Drilldown (replaced with new version for 6.1.5)
- Map builder (replaced with new version for 6.1.5)
- Status Page (replaced with new version for 6.1.5)
- Summary and Drilldown (replaced with new version for 6.1.5)
- WebCharts - Enhanced builder (replaced by Charts builder for 6.1.5)
Most of the basic chart features are still available, with the exception of the following features:
Changes in map features
- Custom dial charts must be re-created.
- Pyramid charts are not supported. Bar charts are the most similar chart type that you can use instead.
- Step charts have been replaced by stair charts.
- ILOG JViews supports PNG and JPG chart images. Other image types used in the deprecated builders are replaced with PNG images.
The Map builder requires a map file with the .shp file extension, an Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) Shape file. WebSphere Dashboard Framework ships world and USA maps, which are shipped with ILOG JViews Maps. You can also specify custom map styles as shape (.shp ) files. You may also find free map shape files online, but check for copyright restrictions before using them in your applications.
The following articles provide additional instructions about working with charts and maps in WebSphere Dashboard Framework 6.1.5:
Product information available from IBM