This sample with the accompanying article shows you how to use IBM® WebSphere®Portlet Factory Version 6 to build a simple Discussion Thread application using Lotus Domino Web Services against a Domino Database on a Domino 7 server, and how to do the same against an equivalent database on a Domino 8 server. The web service support in Domino 8 has significant interoperability improvements to align it with the Web Services Interoperability (WS-I) interop specs, which is why there are two versions of the sample provided here. The Domino v7 specific sample has some additional workarounds for WS interop that are no longer needed in the version 8 sample.
Here are some of the techniques illustrated in this sample:
- WebSphere Portlet Factory Web Service Call support
- Calling Domino web services from WebSphere Portlet Factory
- Leveraging pluggable and interchangeable WebSphere Portlet Factory Service Providers
- Using a Java LJO to manipulate complex XML web service responses for ease of consumption and UI generation
Here is a screenshot of the running sample model.
Notes on running the sample and prerequisites
- This advanced sample assumes that you are familiar with building WPF based applications, calling web services with the Web Service Call builder, and set up and use of Domino and Domino databases.
- Read the article in the Download section below for more information on prerequisites and setup, before attempting to install and use the sample.
- Import the attached zip file into your project using the Import WebSphere Portlet Factory Archive command.
Downloads for use with Domino 7
Downloads for use with Domino 8