WebSphere Dashboard Framework - Working with annotations in a chart or table Added by Rob Flynn | Edited by Rob Flynn on January 5, 2010 | Version 19
Adding a comment
- After deploying the project on a server, go to the page with the chart or table annotations.
- Click the Comments control (button, link, icon, or Action menu).
- The portlet maximizes itself and highlights the annotated element. The Make a Comment dialog box displays on the right.
The two pictures below show examples of a chart and a table that allow annotations.
- Provide a headline, up to a maximum of 200 characters.
- Provide a comment, up to a maximum of 2,000 characters.
- If applicable, browse for a file to attach to the comment.
The file will be uploaded to the following directory on the Portal server: InstalledApplication/attachments/.
- If alerts are enabled for annotations, select the recipients by clicking Find People. If you want a response to your comment, also select "A response is required."
- If privacy settings are enabled, decide if the comment is open to all users or is private.
If the comment is private, click Find People to select the users or groups who may see and reply to the comment.
- Click OK to save your comment and return the portlet to its original size.
Viewing and responding to comments
- You may view comments as long as the author allows you to see them.
- If there are comments, a link appears at the top of the chart or table and "View comments" appears in the Actions menu if it is available.
- Click the link to go to the View Comments page. The portlet maximizes itself and highlights the annotated element.
- To respond to a comment, from the View Comments page, click Respond from the context menu of the comment.
The Response headline is filled in automatically; all other options are the same as they are for new comments.
- Click OK to save the response and return the portlet to its original size.