Starting with WebSphere Dashboard Framework 6.1.5, ILOG charts replaced GreenPoint's WebCharts3D engine. Any builders that used the GreenPoint charting engine now use the ILOG charting engine in WDF 6.1.5.
Changes in builders and feature sets for WebSphere Dashboard Framework 6.1.5
The GreenPoint Web Chart Builder feature set is not included with 6.1.5 and GreenPoint's jar files are not shipped with 6.1.5. Charting features are now included when you use the Dashboard feature set in a project.
The following builders are deprecated:
Changes in chart features
- Automatic Drilldown (replaced with new version for 6.1.5)
- Map builder (replaced with new version for 6.1.5)
- Status Page (replaced with new version for 6.1.5)
- Summary and Drilldown (replaced with new version for 6.1.5)
- WebCharts - Enhanced builder (replaced by Charts builder for 6.1.5)
Most of the basic chart features are still available, with the exception of the following features:
Changes in map features
- Custom dial charts must be re-created.
- Pyramid charts are not supported. Bar charts are the most similar chart type that you can use instead.
- Step charts have been replaced by stair charts.
- ILOG JViews supports PNG and JPG chart images. Other image types used in the deprecated builders are replaced with PNG images.
The Map builder requires a map file with the .shp file extension, an Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) Shape file. WebSphere Dashboard Framework ships world and USA maps, which are shipped with ILOG JViews Maps. You can also specify custom map styles as either ILOG's .Ivl or the standard shape (.shp ) file. You may also find free map shape files online, but check for copyright restrictions before using them in your applications.
For more information...
The following articles provide additional instructions about working with charts and maps in WebSphere Dashboard Framework 6.1.5:
Additional information available on IBM Web sites:
- Creating custom charts
- Creating a custom .CSS chart style
- Creating a custom Dial or Gauge chart
- Creating custom maps
- Upgrading charts to the 6.1.5 release