IBM® Support provides assistance with IBM WebSphere® Portlet Factory product defects.
To contact IBM Support, your company must have an active IBM software maintenance contract, and you must be authorized to submit problems to IBM. For information about the types of maintenance contracts available, see "Support Portfolio" in the Software Support Handbook
at the following location.
Complete the following steps to contact IBM Support with a problem.
- Define the problem, gather background information, and determine the severity of the problem.
For help, see "Getting IBM Support" in the Software Support Handbook.
To access the product wiki and forums, in Eclipse, while running in the WebSphere Portlet Factory perspective, click Help -> Access IBM WebSphere Portlet Factory Resources and click the appropriate selection.
- Gather diagnostic information.
- Visit the WebSphere Portlet Factory support site.
There you can find multiple resources to assist you.
- List of the latest troubleshooting information
- Links to forums and communities
- Search tool for support information
- If you cannot resolve your problem, submit your problem to IBM Support in one of the following ways.
- Use IBM Support Assistant (ISA).
- On the support site, click Support -> SR to use the Electronic IBM Service Request tool .
- Call a support representative.
For the phone number to call in your country, go to Contacts in the Software Support Handbook.
If the problem that you submit is for a software defect or for missing or inaccurate documentation, IBM Support creates an Authorized Program Analysis Report (APAR). The APAR describes the problem in detail. Whenever possible, IBM Software IBM Support provides a workaround that you can implement until the APAR is resolved and a fix is delivered. IBM publishes resolved APARs on the IBM Support web site daily, so that other users who experience the same problem can benefit from the same resolution.
Parent topic: Overview of IBM WebSphere Portlet Factory Designer: wpf7