Creating a profile set from the IBM® WebSphere Portlet Factory Designer toolbarAdded by IBM on August 31, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can create a profile set from the WebSphere® Portlet Factory Designer toolbar.
You can create a profile set from the WebSphere® Portlet Factory Designer toolbar.
Note these rules for creating profile sets:
- The name of the profile set can contain only letters, digits, and periods.
- The profile set's description is mandatory.
To create a profile set from the WebSphere Portlet Factory Designer toolbar:
- Click on the New Wizard icon [New Wizard button] in the toolbar or choose New > Other... from the File menu.
- In the New dialog, choose Factory Profile Set. Click Next.
- In the New Factory Profile Set dialog, enter the name of the new profile set in the Name input box.
The length of the name allowed is determined by the underlying operating system (or database for profiles stored in a DB). You must give a profile set a name that is a legal filename on the operating system that you are working on, or legal for your DB. In all settings, it is good practice to keep profile set names under the 256-character limit imposed by the Windows operating system.
- Enter a description for the new profile set in the Description input box.
- Optional: You can copy the entries and profiles from an existing profile set in the drop-down menu. If you do so, you can see the name of the developer who last changed the profile set and the description by clicking on the Properties button.
- Click Finish
Profile sets: wpf7
A profile set defines the profile entries and the profiles that contain specific values for those entries.
Parent topic: Profiling IBM WebSphere Portlet Factory applications: wpf7