You can create an action that assigns a value to a variable by choosing the Assignment element in the Action Chooser.
You can also choose to append a given value to the specified string or XML variable.
To assign a value to a variable as an action in an Action List builder call:
- Open the Action Chooser (click the ellipsis ... button) and expand the Special node.
- Choose the Assignment node, launching the Make Assignment dialog.
- In the Make Assignment dialog, choose whether you want to replace the contents of the variable (Replace) or add to the contents of the variable (Append).
Note: You can only append to the values of string or XML variables. You cannot append to the values stored in numerically typed (Integer, Double, and so on) variables.
- Select the variable whose value you want to set from the Target Variable select box.
- Use the reference chooser to specify the Source value.
- Click OK.
Parent topic: Action List builder: wpf7