You can create a form from multiple variables generated by the Profiled Web Service Call builder.
Service calls often define several inputs for a particular service call operation. You can configure the Profiled Web Service Call builder to generate variables from which it gets the value for the corresponding input to the service call. (Use the Web Service Call builder if you have the operation defined in a WSDL document.) To generate an input form for these inputs, you can use a Data Page builder call, specifying all the input variables generated by the service call.
The following steps outline the process of configuring the service call to generate variables and setting the Data Page builder call to generate a form based on those variables.
- Add a service call to your model that takes multiple inputs.
- Enable the AutoCreate Input Vars input in the Profiled Web Service Call builder call editor.
- Note the names of the variables created (you can change these names, as well).
These are the variables that the Data Page builder call can use to create the input form. For example, MyServiceCall_arg1_fromZip and MyServiceCall_arg2_toZip.
- Add a Data Page builder call to your model, specifying a value similar to the following.
Note the use of the wild card character (*
). This value prompts the Data Page to use all variables whose names start with MyServiceCall_arg.
- Continue configuring the Data Page builder call as you would normally.
When you display the page on which the Data Page inserts the form, the multiple inputs are shown as if they were from a single variable.
Parent topic: Creating pages and forms: wpf7