Use the Data Column Modifier builder to modify a table column created by the Data Page builder.
You can control the tabular display of one of the container elements in the data being managed by a Data Page builder call. When you choose one of the available elements, the builder editor displays a table that lists all the child elements in the selected element. This table contains inputs allowing you to perform the following operations on each column in the table:
- Change the labels that are displayed.
- Hide columns that do not need to be displayed.
- Provide sorting for the entries of the columns in a table.
- Add the following to a table:
- A control, for example, a button, for launching an action
- A counter column (the number of the row from the data structure is displayed as the value for this column)
- A delete column (one that provides a control for deleting the row from the data structure)
- An edit column (for editing records in a table)
- Change the alignment of a columns.
- Enable paging control for browsing through a large result data set.
In most common applications of this builder, these are the inputs you need:
- Container Field identifies the element that is to be controlled.
- Column Table gives you detailed control of the column characteristics when you enable the Manage Columns input.
- Enable Paging activates paging control.
- Add and Delete Row Operations inputs specify the controls and methods for column management.
Key objects this builder creates
Use the Design panel in the model editor to see the effects of the builder inputs on the page display.
A sample model shows the use of this builder.
More about this builder
The following list summarizes the tasks for which you can use the Data Column Modifier builder.
Add a column
Add controls to the table such as a button to launch an action, supplying data from the row as arguments to the action. You can also add a column that provides a control for deleting the row from the data structure on which the associated Data Page builder call operates.Add a delete column
Provide links, buttons, or check boxes to enable the deleting of rows. You can also optionally invoke your own Java methods to make the appropriate database calls to perform a delete.Rearrange columns
Change the column order by dragging and dropping the element rows in the child element table.Set column header labels
Enter the header text for the column directly into the child element table.Configure columns to be sortable
Enable the displayed table to be sorted based on the text or numerical values in the column.Control display of columns
Parent topic: Builder Reference: wpf7
About using the builder call editor: wpf7
Data Page builder: wpf7
Paging Buttons builder: wpf7
Paging Links builder: wpf7
Overview: creating forms: wpf7
Date and Time Formatter builder: wpf7
Adding Columns to a Table: wpf7
Creating a table that supports adding rows: wpf7
Creating a Table That Incorporates Delete Rows: wpf7