Filtering a schema-typed XML variableAdded by IBM on August 31, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|This topic describes the steps to follow to filter a schema-typed XML variable.
This topic describes the steps to follow to filter a schema-typed XML variable.
- Add a Transform Filter builder call to the model that contains the variable to filter.
- In the builder call editor, in the Source Data input, select the variable that contains the information to filter.
Once you select a variable, the Element to Filter picker is populated with elements from the schema associated with the specified variable. Select the element to filter.
- Set the Preserve Source Data input to prevent the builder from overwriting the source variable.
Clear the Preserve Source Data input blank to save filtered results in the source variable.
- Use the Filter Behavior input to specify how matching elements are treated (keep or remove all matching elements).
- Specify the filter criteria in the Filter Specification input.
For each criterion, enter the element or attribute (relative to the Element specified in the Element to Filter input), the operator, the operand, and the method to use to compare the values. If multiple criteria are specified, all criteria must be satisfied for the element to pass the filter.
Once the builder call is applied and saved, a new method is available in the WebApp. You can use the results of the current transform builder to pass to another transform builder.
- Use a Method Call builder or some other means to call this method at the desired time and perform filtering.
Parent topic: Transform Filter builder: wpf7