You can merge fields so that they are presented as a single field and merge columns so that they are presented as a single column.
You typically have a situation in which your data needs to be in multiple fields. However, when you display the data, you would like these multiple fields to line up on the display as fields that they occupy only one column. For example, a person's address could consist of separate city, state, and ZIP code fields. You can use the Data Field Merge builder to treat separate fields as a single field on a details page or as a single display column.
In the model editor in IBM® WebSphere® Portlet Factory, you use the Pages and Design panels to view the form or page to be changed.
- In the Pages panel, locate and select the form or page that contains the column or the form to be changed.
- Select column or field that is to contain the merged results.
- Control-click the columns or fields in the order in which they are to be merged into the selected column or field.
The multiple fields must all be in the same container field.
- Right-click the selection and click Merge Fields -> Merge
Shift-click is not supported in this context.
- Do one of the following steps and click OK.
- In Heading for column, enter the text to be displayed at the top of the merged column.
- In Label for field, enter the text to be used to refer to the new merged field.
A Data Field Merge builder is added to the model with the settings. You can open the builder call editor and specify a separator character to displayed between the merged fields. You can also rearrange the order of the fields by dragging and dropping them in the builder call editor.
Parent topic: Modifying field display settings: wpf7