You can modify some of the settings that are used for validation of a data entry field.
In the model editor in IBM® WebSphere® Portlet Factory, you use the Pages and Design panels to view the form or page to be changed. To change a field validation setting, for example, the error string, use the Data Field Settings builder.
- In the Pages panel, locate and select the form or page that contains the data entry field to be changed.
- In the Design panel, locate and select the group that contains the data entry field.
- Right-click the selection and click Data Field Settings -> Validation.
You see the command only if a container is selected. The Validation command is available only if the related field is a data entry.
- In the Data Field Settings dialog, in Page Scope, click one of the following choices to determine the scope of the change.
Change any of the settings for the field.
- All pages changes the field in all pages in the model.
- Current page changes the field in just the selected page.
Determines whether the end user must enter a value in the field to allow the form or data page to be submitted. Validation Op
Determines the operation to be used to validate the value that the end user enters in the field. Argument
Specifies an argument to the validation operation. The value is ignored if the operation does not accept an argument. Error Message
Specifies text to override the default message that is used if the validation operation fails. You can set this input even if you are using default values for other settings in the row.
If a Data Field Settings builder is not currently in the model for this form or page, a builder call is added to the model with the new settings. If the model currently has a Data Field Settings builder for the form or page, the new settings are added to the current builder.
Change any of the settings for the page by opening the builder call editor for the Data Field Settings builder and modifying the associated builder inputs.
Parent topic: Validating data fields: wpf7