Use the SAP Properties builder to set SAP connection properties.
The properties you establish in this builder can be shared by all other SAP builders that use properties (SAP Batch, SAP Function Call, SAP View and Form). In addition, the properties set in this builder can apply across multiple SAP servers in a cluster, as well as to a single-server environment.
When you use this builder to set properties, you can leave blank the Property File
input on other SAP builders, since these other builders look to this builder for connection property information. The order of SAP property resolution for all SAP builders that require properties is as follows:
- Use properties set in the Advanced sections of SAP Batch, SAP Function Call, and SAP View and Form builder editor.
- Look for connection properties supplied by an SAP Properties builder.
- Locate the SAP Properties file specified in the SAP builder input.
Since other SAP builders use information contained in this builder, this builder must be placed before those other SAP builders in the builder call list.
File overrides and the SAP Properties builder
The SAP Properties builder does not override SAP builders with the properties file set. Only one SAP properties file is used at one time. If the builder itself has a file specified, the one in the SAP Properties builder is not used.
Note that the builder input in the SAP Properties builder is the "Default Properties File". However, the inputs specified in the SAP Properties builder state will override the file-based properties for any SAP BuilderCall even if they specify a different connection file. The inputs will not override properties that are specified in the BuilderCall's own Connection Properties
The order of precedence is:
- Properties set in the Advanced sections of SAP Batch, SAP Function Call, and SAP View and Form builder editor.
- Properties supplied by an SAP Properties builder.
- Properties found in a properties file, either the one specified in the SAP Batch, SAP Function Call, and SAP View and Form builder editor, or, only if that one is blank, the default one specified in the SAP Properties builder.
Parent topic: Builder Reference: wpf7
About using the builder call editor: wpf7
SAP View and Form builder: wpf7