UserInfoHandler.java basically has a single method you must implement in your UserInfoHandler.
public interface UserInfoHandler
* Custom handler based method to return a UserInfo for the specified
* request. UserInfoHandlers know which UserInfo implementation class
* they are associated with, for instantiating/retrieving the UserInfo.
* @return UserInfo - a reference to a custom UserInfo implementation
* associated with the custom UserInfoHandler implementing this interface.
public UserInfo getUserInfo(HttpServletRequest request);
Its main purpose is to determine which UserInfo class to load, how to load it and then passing/saving the HttpServletRequest as needed to retrieve additional information for this particular set of handler classes.
The default IBM® WebSphere® Portlet Factory supplied J2EE security implementation of this UserInfoHandler interface, for use with the WebAppUserInfo implementation of the UserInfo interface, is fairly simple as shown here:
public class WebAppUserInfoHandler implements UserInfoHandler
public UserInfo getUserInfo(HttpServletRequest request)
WebAppUserInfo userInfo = new WebAppUserInfo();
Parent topic: Gathering user information: wpf7