Follow these steps to monitor service requests and responses with Apache AXIS TCP Monitor:
- Start Apache AXIS TCP Monitor with the following command in the project's WEB-INF/lib directory:
java -cp axis.jar org.apache.axis.utils.tcpmon 8090 localhost 8080
- Replace "8090" with an available port on which you want the utility to listen for service requests and responses.
- Replace "localhost" with the hostname of the server that the web service is calling.
- Replace "8080" with the port on the server that the web service is calling.
- In the Service Call builder call, set the Service URL (override) input (in the Advance group) to:
- Replace "factoryhost" with the host name of the machine running IBM® WebSphere® Portlet Factory.
- Replace "8090" with the port number you used when starting Apache AXIS TCP Monitor.
As a result of these steps, the log data is written to your deployed application WAR's WEB-INF/logs
folder. Look for the file debugTracing.txt in that folder.
Parent topic: Enabling the log requestresponse input: wpf7