Use this approach to add basic database connectivity to a model.
Add other builders to the model to do the following operations:
- Implement an SQL query.
- Format the data for display.
- Display query results.
When you configure the SQL Datasource builder, you identify the JNDI datasource you want to access and the credentials required for access. If the server on which the datasource resides is remote, provide additional configuration items required by the server.
This builder provides low-level connectivity, and its functionality is incorporated in both the Relation Database Model wizard and the SQL Call builder. The builder also provides many additional configuration inputs. You can use additional builder inputs to accomplish advanced connection tasks including:
- Connecting to a remote JNDI server
- Providing authentication information to the database
- Defining connection timeout parameters
- Firing database connection-related events that can be handled in the WebApp
- Generating and logging database connection statistics and activities
Parent topic: Adding an SQL Call builder to an existing model